Tuesday 15 September 2009

The Young Manager – Why it is not all hot air


Within any industry there are the giants that rule over the land keeping things in order with the sometimes heavy hand of supreme experience.
This is when the world is in order.

However in the circle of life there must be change, (No RFC required). This change often comes in the form of some whipper snapper, the perpetual bull in the china shop so to speak, beaming with confidence ready to solve the problems of the world.

What is it about these young managers that cause so much friction? I suppose the bullish mentality that their ideas are new and innovative. That no one before them has thought about the steps to fix the problems, that they are unique!
In reality, the giants have done most of it all before, they also once upon a time they also had a spring in their step when talking about transformation and change. (In fact some giants still do)
So it’s easy to see why the young manager rubs so many people up the wrong way.

But I do persist, being that I in fact position myself in the aged handicapped that a lot of use can be made out of the young manager. Not all this hot air and fuss is over nothing. If only given the tools and creative vent to display all the excitement money can’t buy, this young manager might in fact create enough opportunities for the giants of the business world to see them through to retirement with no fear of redundancy. (Dunn Dunnnn Dunnnnnn - )

Yes, we (the insufficiently aged) are good for something. We can work hand in hand with the wise giants of the world, sap up the experience like a dry sponge, look, learn and be better....

....and eventually steal your jobs!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your speech impressed me! I'm not a young manager -I'm just young, but willing to become a manager soon, and I've plenty of ideas to turn upside down my whole company and make it better, smarter and richer... if they'd only give me a chance to try. Because we are young, and we are supposed to be arrogant.

    I like your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete